Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Cream (recipe)

This is a rerun from my Heart of A Country Home blog and is so delicious I had to share here.  Hope you enjoy!


I’ve made it different ways over the years, but

this is some of the best

Snow Cream I’ve ever made.

Kinda tastes like Homemade Ice Cream, which I love.


Snow Cream
1 can evaporated or Pet Milk
1 can condensed Milk
1 Tbsp vanilla flavoring
3/4 cups sugar
Stir all this together real well and then start adding snow until the mixture gets thicker.  My daughter went out twice for snow until we got it the way we wanted it.  I just told her to make sure it was CLEAN snow.  (lol) It was.

1 comment:

One Southern Mama said...

My mom used to make this when I was growing up! I absolutely loved it!!!! A local restaurant now has a gelato flavor that tastes just like it!!!!
Really brings back memories!!!!